Little Fish in a Giant pond

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On to the next round!

OK, now that exams are over for me, I'm going to be working pretty hard on the very last essay of my academic career until I get back to blogging. For now though, here are my picks for the next round of the NHL playoffs!

I didn't do too bad in the last round, aside from having misjudged a few teams. I honestly expected Ottawa to put up more of a fight against Pittsburgh, and didn't expect Boston to last as long against the Habs as they did.

Montreal vs Philly

The Habs were looking pretty shaky throughout the first round, with the exception of game 7, but they're a young team and they have to have gotten back into the swing of things. Once again, a lot will depend on how well Carey Price is able to play. Habs in six.

New York vs Pittsburgh

New York was able to win the goaltending battle against Jersey, but with Pittsburgh's explosive offence, all they need is steady goaltending from Fleury to win this one. Pens in five.

Detroit vs Colorado

How do you beat a team whose most difficult choice is whether to start Dominik Hasek or Chris Osgood? Wings in five.

Dallas vs San Jose

Dalls is tough with a great offence, but I don't think it will be enough to get past the sharks who are also offensively powerful with stellar goaltending as well. Sharks in six.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home